The Successful Secretary
|Number of days||1|
|Participants||6 Minimum |
All levels, especially those who are new to the role or returning to work after a long break.
Also available as a modular course
A new way to provide quality in-house training with minimal impact on the working day. For more details please view our Modular courses section.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the role and qualities to become more effective
- Communicate assertively with superiors and colleagues at all levels, to obtain co-operation and results
- Take control through improved planning and organisation
- Deal effectively with difficulties which may arise when working with more than one manager
Presentation, group work, self analysis and practical exercises.
Welcome and introductions
Course objectives and overview
Defining the Role
- Acquiring the qualities and skills to succeed
- Becoming an integral part of the management team
- Taking on more responsibility
Time and self management (brief overview)
- Identifying and minimising time stealers
- Correcting non-productive work habits
- Eliminating the clutter
- Seeking deadlines
- "Urgent" and "ASAP" work
- Establishing and managing multiple priorities
- Managing your manager
- Juggling the demands of more than one manager
- Confidence through assertiveness
- Recognising different behaviours
- Self esteem and visualisation
- Saying "no" without feeling guilty
- Communicating effectively with difficult people
- Why messages are misunderstood
- Using words, voice quality and body language
- Practical exercises
Taking the initiative
- What happens when you're not there?
- How do others see you?
- Being one step ahead: preparation of a report
Summary and close